Chicken in a Flash
Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into serving-size pieces of about 4 – 6 oz.
Choose one of following seasonings (amount per pound of chicken):
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated or powdered garlic + 1 teaspoon granulated or powdered onion salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Penzeys Northwoods or Alternate mix in Recipe Notes
- 2 teaspoons Penzeys Rocky Mountain seasoning I don't have a substitute for this seasoning
Salt and pepper (if not included in seasoning)
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
Rub chicken pieces with seasoning.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tablespoon each olive oil and butter.
Put chicken pieces in skillet without crowding.
Cook for about 5 minutes.
Turn pieces and cook another 5 minutes or until white through the center.
If you have more pieces, cook a second round, adding a little more olive oil and butter if necessary.
Alternate Seasoning for Penzeys Northwoods:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated or powdered garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper